Cloud Developer - Azure
Who we need
As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, we are looking for a Software Developer to work in Cloud Production Support.
This role is key to our success as you’ll debug and investigate complicated production problems, build out automated solutions and scripts to common data issues, and help us deliver world-class wellbeing services to millions of individuals around the globe.
There is tremendous opportunity for your career growth in this role. You’ll build strong technical and debugging skills, as you become an expert on event-driven systems and gain familiarity with modern, cloud-native applications. You’ll collaborate closely with other development teams, DevOps, infrastructure, QA, product, architecture, security, and other teams. And you’ll influence how to build a next-generation support team, leveraging ideas from Google’s SRE model, Facebook’s PE model and beyond.
This is a role for someone who likes to learn new technologies, and quickly, and who loves solving challenging problems.
This role can be done remotely in Canada, the US or the UK by a motivated individual. Individuals based near a LifeWorks office (e.g. Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, London) have the option to work out of that office.
- Learn and understand the integrations and event-driven architecture of our next generation, multi-cloud platform.
- Investigate and debug complex integration issues, with a focus on Azure services (function apps, AKS, Azure AD) and Dynamics 365
- Collaborate with team members and other groups as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team (Product, Delivery, DevOps, Infra, QA)
- Build tooling and automation assets to aid support of our production systems
- Participate in design and code reviews, sprint planning and retros
- Assist with estimating and breaking down components into individual work items, project and release planning, and deployments
Successful candidates will:
- Enjoy tackling tough problems, including complicated production authentication issues or delivering a crucial ticket by sprint’s end
- Love learning new technologies, and are always searching for how to improve the dev process
- Take ownership of their tickets and sprint commitments all the way to deployment and beyond
- Be great team players, collaborating effectively with Product, QA, Delivery, DevOps, etc.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, or similar industry experience
- Good understanding of software dev fundamentals including OOP, design patterns, REST/web services, software architecture and coding best practices
- Min 2-3 years coding experience either in full stack or backend (C#, python, Node.js, etc.) and databases (SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with tooling like Nuget, git and swagger/Open API
- A hunger to learn, with the ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Some experience working with production systems on Microsoft Azure (or other public clouds like AWS or GCP) or Dynamics 365 (inc. modules Omnichannel, Field Service, etc.)
- Experience supporting production systems and with support processes
- Commits to open source projects or significant side projects (send us your GitHub handle!)
- Experience with event-driven systems (e.g. Apache Kafka)
- Deep knowledge of security (encryption, authentication/authorization), DevOps, enterprise architecture, or compliance/privacy esp. healthcare
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.