Full Stack Developer
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities; we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LIfeWorks is on a mission to respond to the emerging trends impacting mental health and total well-being. Mobile devices, remote offices, the immediate and long-lasting effects of the global pandemic, and the need for employees and employers to find rewarding ways to commit to each other are drivers for our next evolution.
Everyone who joins LifeWorks benefits from the professional reward of working in a more agile human-centric framework and the personal reward of knowing the architecture you build, code you write, the product you release, and the service you provide is supporting the mental, physical, social and financial well-being of clients and millions of their employees around the world. We empower our people to make a difference and play a direct role in nurturing and growing our mental health-focused portfolio of globally consistent and locally relevant omnichannel solutions.
There are exciting times ahead, and we're looking for team members who share our enthusiasm, our drive, and our passion for improving business and improving lives.
At LifeWorks, we are always moving forward. Move with us.
Who we need
The Enterprise Platforms (EPPS) group at LifeWorks develops and supports critical platforms and products, from our APIs to Machine Learning and Cognitive apps. Our technology is used across the LifeWorks portfolio of apps, and we follow a product-driven agile methodology.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with an ongoing curiosity and desire to learn and master new technologies and approaches. You will be a critical player on the team, building solutions and features in response to the real-world need; and working on bridging the gap between people and mental health practitioners through a consolidated effort to align rapid technology and a responsive user experience.
As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, the EPPS group is looking for a Full Stack Developer. You will work with one of our multidisciplinary product or platform teams, building services or products in .NET and Azure to support our development teams or impact our members.
At LifeWorks, we give you the chance to bring real-world solutions to life and make our vision for a people-centric continuum of care through technology a reality.
This role can be done remotely in Canada by a motivated individual. Individuals based near a LifeWorks office have the option to work out of that office. Optional team events will be held in Markham.
What's in it for you
Purpose, influence, and career growth. You want to be part of an exciting technical transformation as we move towards the cloud, building new products, functionality and features. This is a chance to work on customer-facing projects with high visibility and external impact. You will collaborate with an incredible team focused on improving the lives and mental well-being of our end-users worldwide.
Joining us now is a chance to be mentored by your manager who will give you the knowledge and tools you need to excel; and the support to grow your skills and exposure. You will have the chance to move across feature teams, further specialize your technical focus, explore new areas of interest, or follow a path to people management.
At LifeWorks, we're using evergreen tech for good. It's about as value-driven as it gets, and we are passionate about what we do, ensuring what we build is welcoming, resilient and scalable.
How you will make an impact:
- Build. You will code, test and debug new and existing software applications using the latest Microsoft .Net (.NET Core, .NET 5+) and relational database languages. You will work on increasingly complex projects with less specificity and direction.
- Grow. You will research, test, and try new tools and approaches, staying current with best practices. You will collaborate with a mentor to set up a learning and development plan, leveraging our in-house training subscriptions, hands-on training, and job shadowing.
- Be an Agile team player. You will join one of our product or platform teams to contribute to our cognitive/AI products, back-end APIs, or other client-facing products. You will attend daily stand-ups and sprint planning meetings, help estimate and break down tasks, and learn the ins and outs of agile development.
- Support QA. You will receive and respond to tickets, diving in to solve technical issues. You will conduct bug investigation, track and document the solution, and relay relevant details to the developers. You will contribute to product documentation, product roadmap discussions, code reviews, bug investigation, deployments and software development (full-stack/front-end).
What you bring:
- The passion. You are a lifelong learner and experimenter, inspired to stay current with industry trends and think deeply about how new technologies can deliver business value.
- The experience. You have 5 years of professional coding experience building out features and functionality for product applications. You understand how to develop, debug, investigate and resolve problems, and deploy an app into production. Ideally, you have experience designing and building solutions for globally distributed technology platforms.
- The technical knowledge. You have expertise across the full stack, which may include: .NET, C#,React.js Graph.ql. You may have exposure to DevOps-and experience in Azure B2C, Azure Active Directory. Ideally, you are familiar with tooling like Git and Swagger/Open API.
- The interpersonal skills. You are a great team player who thrives in a collaborative environment. You have effective and flexible communication skills and you are ready to jump in where needed.
- The education. You may have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, but we know not everyone gains their skills through traditional academic training.
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to the four pillars of wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people, and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application