Senior DevOps Engineer
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities; we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LIfeWorks is on a mission to respond to the emerging trends impacting mental health and total wellbeing. Mobile devices, remote offices, the immediate and long-lasting effects of the global pandemic, and the need for employees and employers to find rewarding ways to commit to each other are drivers for our next evolution.
Everyone who joins LifeWorks benefits from the professional reward of working in a more agile human-centric framework and the personal reward of knowing the architecture you build, code you write, the product you release, and the service you provide is supporting the mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing of clients and millions of their employees around the world. We empower our people to make a difference and play a direct role in nurturing and growing our mental health-focused portfolio of globally consistent and locally relevant omnichannel solutions.
There are exciting times ahead, and we're looking for team members who share our enthusiasm, our drive, and our passion for improving business and improving lives.
At LifeWorks, we are always moving forward. Move with us.
Who we need
The Enterprise Platforms (EPPS) group at LifeWorks develops and supports critical platforms and products, from our APIs to Machine Learning and Cognitive apps. Our technology is used across the LifeWorks portfolio of apps, and we follow a product-driven agile methodology.
As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, the EPPS group is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. You will be a critical player in the DevOps strategy for the organization as you build, introduce automation, and deploy solutions and features in response to real-world needs.
At LifeWorks, we give you the chance to bridge the gap between people and mental health practitioners through a consolidated effort to align rapid technology and a responsive user experience - and make our vision for a people-centric continuum of care through technology a reality.
You are happy working from home but are open to occasional travel to our office in Markham as part of a flexible hybrid model.
What's in it for you
Purpose, influence, and career growth. You want to apply your passion for automation and DevOps to our exciting technical transformation as we move towards the cloud, building and deploying new products, functionality and features. This is a chance to use the latest tools, technologies, and practices to work on customer-facing projects with high visibility and external impact. You will collaborate with a group of incredible teams focused on improving the lives and mental wellbeing of our end-users worldwide.
Joining us now is a chance to mentor junior team members and be mentored by your manager, who will empower you to excel. It's a chance to recommend practices, processes, and tools to elevate our work. You will have the opportunity to move across feature teams, further specialize your technical focus, explore new areas of interest, or follow a path to people management.
At LifeWorks, we're using evergreen tech for good. It's about as value-driven as it gets, and we are passionate about what we do, ensuring what we build is welcoming, resilient and scalable.
How you will make an impact:
- Practice sound engineering principles. You will contribute to Infrastructure and application architectural design patterns and build and maintain tools for application development and deployment. You will implement automated monitoring and operational tools and processes; troubleshoot and resolve issues; and facilitate incident response processes, reviews, and resolution in LW deployment environments.
- Collaborate. You will partner with internal, external, technical, and non-technical teams to build and support development platforms and applications, promoting effective engineering estimations, decision-making, and risk management. You will work with relevant teams to define and update LifeWorks data flow, identify high-risk areas and develop feasible mitigating solutions.
- Continuous improvement. You will work with your team to constantly review DevOps processes and tools to identify and build efficiency and effectiveness into DevOps methods. You will keep up to date with changing trends in Cloud technology and DevOps practices, suggesting solutions that improve our processes.
What you bring:
- The passion. You are a lifelong learner and experimenter, inspired to stay current with industry trends and think deeply about how new technologies can deliver healthcare services in a timely, tangible way.
- The experience. You have a Developer background and 3 years of DevOps production, with a focus on automation, in an Agile environment, following Incremental development and usable software principles. You have experience with:
- Designing and building continuous integration and infrastructure-as-code environments, including multi-region failover, zero-downtime deployments, failure injection, artifact repositories, etc.
- Designing applications and infrastructure for observability, security and reliability.
- Security, including network protocols, data flow, and secret management.
- The technical expertise. You have experience with Azure and AWS, both as a Developer writing code for products and building and deploying automation and infrastructure automation. You experience with:
- Management tooling such as Terraform.
- Software development experience, ideally in PHP, Python or Node, C# with working knowledge of developing .NET Core applications.
- Azure core services such as Azure Storage, including Blob, Azure VMs, Azure LB, Azure ASG, Azure Serverless, Azure DB, Azure Container Instance, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- SQL and NoSQL.
- Designing, implementing and day-to-day use of logging and monitoring tools to capture data for alerting and issue identification and resolution using DataDog or ELK.
- The interpersonal skills. You have effective and flexible communication skills and can comfortably explain complex problems and technical solutions to a range of audiences. You are a collaborative team player who thrives in a cross-functional role, and you know how to build and nurture connections with individuals across multiple locations. You can navigate relationships to suggest better processes and efficient implementation.
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to the four pillars of wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people, and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.